Saturday, February 16, 2013

Shading With Glitter On Acetate

 
 
Hello all, Kristi here to share a couple of fun cards I created using Designers Dries Clear Glue and a lot of Ultra Fine and Micro Fine Glitter! You can do this a couple of ways. I start by stamping the image I am going to "color" in black Staz-on Ink on to the acetate.
 
 
 
 
This is the stamped image on acetate.  The white is only the paper.

.
These are the colors I am using, 3 purples, three yellow/clear and 2 green.

I start with my darkest color.  Because of the way the glitter is layered, I usually go from dark to light.  I also usually use greens first as they tend to corrupt the other colors  Before I put the glitter down I used a paintbrush and Designer Dries Clear Adhesive.  I also use a very SMALL amount of water with the glue.  It helps the dry time be less. If you apply with the fine metal tip the adhesive it goes on thicker.  I am can also move the glittered adhesive slightly with the brush to blend my colors.
 

This is with both colors of green and adding the first of the lavender colors.  I LOVE Heather!!

Now  I have added the shades of lavender and moved to the yellows.  I added a hint of Crystal just to add shimmer next comes a little blue just to give the image some sky.

This is the image all glittered!  Beautiful!!!  OH WAIT!!
When the glue is all dry and you flip the image over..this is how it looks!You then need to layer some cardstock and I added a stenciled image with a Dreamweaver Stencil!  This looked like an Easter Card to me so I added the word Rejoice!
Place Stencil.
Tape of stencil with removable tape and get out paste. 

Spread the paste on like frosting a cake.

Take the excess off and then remove the tape. 

While the paste is wet sprinkle with Martini Glitter.

This is your finished card!
 
Hope you enjoyed this post.  Make sure and leave a comment!
Sparkle On
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments: