Thursday, February 14, 2013

Glorious Glittered Goodness

It's February and I'm in the Pink! Pink mood that is ...

Linda here and I'm going to show you how I recycled last months Art Glitter project. Remember the little candy jars I made to put Valentine candy in last month? I converted it to reuse as a small vase.

Recycled jar used to hold glittered 3-D flowers.

I'm ready for Spring and flowers so I used my Sizzix Flower, 3-D Wrapped die to cut several layers of pattern paper and coordinating cardstock. Truth be told, I've owned this flower die for about two years and have never used it. I quite like it!

Coordinating pattern paper and cardstock but with Sizzix Flower, 3-D Wrapped die.

After I had them all cut, I inked the edges with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and randomly stamped images on the cardstock to help create texture. I followed the directions that came with the die to wrap and adhere the flower layers. Instead of a skewer I used a thicker black wire and stuck them in a wine cork.

Flower layers inked and ready to assemble onto a wire stem.

The flower layers are rolled and adhered to the wire. I used Designer Dries Clear Adhesive  (DDCA) to glue the individual layers together because it sets up so quickly. The flower layers are stacked alternating pattern paper and cardstock to mix them up a bit. I let them set up a bit while I went for dinner.

Rolled flowers attached to wire. A ribbon is knotted to the flower center.
The glue was totally dry when I came home and they were ready for me to add the glittery goodness. I applied DDCA around all the edge layers of the flowers with a detail brush. Working quickly I sprinkled the flower with Tea Rose Ultrafine Opaque glitter and tapped the excess off into a catcher tray. I did this to all three flowers. Then I pierced a hole into each of three corks and inserted the gloriously glittered flowers!

Gloriously glittered 3-D flowers.
I didn't know what to set them in, then I spotted the Valentine candy jar I made last month with the corrugated glittered strip around the center. It was a perfect little vase for these perfect pink flowers once I tied a pretty pink ribbon around the cardboard.

Glorious glittered 3-D flowers in an up cycled jelly jar.

Want to see even more uses for Art Glitter products, then skip on over to my blog to take a look.
-- Linda Neff

1 comment:

  1. oh my! I was just thinking on doing this! Linda this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete