Thursday, January 24, 2013

Have A Little Heart

Hi, Linda here and with Valentine's Day just around the corner I wanted to share with you how you can create this quick-n-easy little shelf sitter to commemorate the day. I started with a mini canvas - it's about 4-inches by 5-inches. I cut a piece of paper from my Ciao Bella Stack by DCWV. It worked out well because the word 'Love' was already on there. I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink then ran it through Xyron to put adhesive on the back. Then I cut two heart shapes from white cardstock and processed those through the Xyron as well. Art_Glitter_Xyron_Linda_Neff_canvas_heart_photo_1 With total adhesive coverage of the heart shapes I peeled off the backing and dipped them in Ruby Red Microfine Opaque glitter. I love Ruby Red. The color is such a nice deep red, it was perfect for a Valentine heart. While the glitter is still on the heart I gently rubbed it into the adhesive with my finger to ensure full coverage. Art_Glitter_Xyron_Linda_Neff_canvas_heart_photo_2 I decided to use only one of the hearts so chose the larger one. I did decide, however, to add a paper doily to the background. I wanted the doily to sparkle and shine so brushed on Designer Dries Clear (DDC) with a craft brush and covered it with Mimosa Ultrafine Transparent glitter. I gently rubbed the glitter into the glue with my finger then tapped off the excess. Art_Glitter_Xyron_Linda_Neff_canvas_heart_photo_3 I used DDC on the back of the doily to stick it to the canvas leaving the glittered portion to hang over the edge of the canvas. Art_Glitter_Xyron_Linda_Neff_canvas_heart_photo_4 At the last minute I decided to add a strip of cream-colored tulle and knotted near the edge. It completely wraps around the plain edge of the canvas and tucks under the pattern paper on the doily side. I added dimensional foam tape to the back of the glittered heart so it would sit on top of the tulle. I used DDC to add three pearl gems from Want2Scrap and my project was done! The canvas makes a cute little holiday decoration and takes very little time to complete. A great project for working with the kids too. Art_Glitter_Xyron_Linda_Neff_canvas_heart_photo_5

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing the deets on how to get the look. lovely card
    ava g

    ReplyDelete