Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas From Art Glitter







Merry Christmas! 

Today may be filled with tradition, family, love, and hopefully some glitter too! 

My project for you today is a nice tree tablescape. That can still stay on the table after Christmas too!




I wanted to make a glitter Christmas Tree setting, but I wanted it to be non traditional. I decided to go with teals, pinks, purples, and greens.



Here is how I made it happen.

Products Used:
#184 T-Bird Ultrafine Pearlescent
#D29 Confection Dazzlers
#353 Provence Ultrafine Opaque
#356 Grape Nector Ultrafine Opaque
Designer Dries Clear
Designer Dries White (optional)
Small Faux Tree (I chose a white one)
Styrofoam Cones
Paintbrush

I decorated the white tree first. I started by adding Designer Dries Clear to the bottom branches of the tree. I just squirted it on in any random fashion. Mostly making sure to get some glue on every branch.




I then sprinkled on glitter to the branches. Shook it off, and then moved up the tree to add more colors until I got the desired look.


Once I finished the tree, I moved onto the cone trees.

I coated the entire tree with Designer Dries Clear. I purchased the refill, and just dipped my entire paintbrush into the container, and brushed onto the Styrofoam cone.


I then poured glitter all over the tree until it was completely coated. I let it completely dry. Then starting at the top (I used Designer Dries Clear, because I didn't have Designer Dries White - and I wanted the dries white look so I took the picture while still wet, but you could do whatever you would like to get the look you want) I squirted the adhesive so that it trickled down the side of the cone. Then I added Dazzlers to appear as crystallized snow.



As you can see on the table I made a little mess. It did not take long to clean up, and I reused all the glitter. I saved as much as I could putting back into each container after I used each color. But for all the extra that ended up in other places I collected at the end and made my own color by putting it in an old glitter container.

 
I know I will be able to use it for something! I love how all the colors go very well together too! Well I hope you enjoyed seeing the fun trees today, and I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season. Mele Kalikimaka! Stop by my blog, one.heart.scrapper. for another glittery Holiday project!


Cherie


No comments:

Post a Comment