Saturday, November 17, 2012

Art Glitter & Tombow Fun




Art Glitter is teaming up with Tombow to create some truly wonderful projects.  For my project I have made a mixed media Fall Decor piece.

I used:
Tombow Dual Brush Pen Set - Jewel
Tombow NEW Stamp Runner - Dot Pattern Adhesive
Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue
Art Glitter Ultrafine Glitter - Wood Berry, Taupe, & Country Red
Stamps - Flourish stamp from Viva Decor & Fantasic Fall from Red Rubber Designs.
Goose Bumps clear spritz
Viva Decor Pearl Pen
Want 2 Scrap Grand Chipboard Album page - Labels One

To create the background, I started with beige card stock, spritzed it with Goosebumps clear spritz, and let that dry.

I used a craft mat and scribbled Tombow pens in yellow, red and purple.  It doesn't show up well on the craft mat......

....until you spritz it with a little water....

Then run your paper through it.....

....blot a little with paper towel...and repeat until you have your desired background.

Use the Tombow Stamp glue runner to run glue along the edges of the chipboard.  I LOVE this glue runner!  It glides really easily across the page and has a dual action stamping function so that you can stamp spots of glue in the center of your page.

Press the chipboard onto the back of the card stock and use a craft knife to cut around the chipboard for a nice clean edge.

I stamped a flourish design around the edges of the piece and created the stamped "Fantastic Fall" framed sentiment as a focal.  Then it was time for some glittered embellishing!

I have a lot of colors of glitter, but just like paints, pens, inks, pencils.......it's always fun to blend my own colors to come up with something new!  I chose Country Red, Wood Berry & Taupe to create a new blend for this project.    I took a small spoonful of each color.....

.....and created the perfect fall shade for this project.

I used some leaf cutouts from Quick Quotes as stencils and a fine point Sharpie to trace some leaf shapes.

Then I used Tombow MONO Multi glue to trace the leaf and fill in the center. 

I added a few more leaves and set the project aside to let the glue dry.  This glue can be used in a conventional way to glue something in place - like I did to glue the "Fantastic Fall" focal in place.  But it can also be applied like I have done here with the leaves and left to dry.  It dries tacky - VERY TACKY!!  

Once it is clear - or nearly clear....

....coat the glue area with glitter mix and tap off the excess.

I was loving this color so much I decided to add some glue dots and more glitter accents.  Dear Art Glitter...I have a new color for you.......

I haven't quite decided if I'm going to add a hanger to this and hang it or just display in on an easel somewhere......What would you do with it??

Please come back to the Art Glitter Blog to see all of the Art Glitter/Tombow projects!!

And please visit my blog for more glittering fun!

Thanks!






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great techniques. I can't wait to try them. I love the end results. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique with the Tombow on the craft sheet! Beautiful background from those. I love that you mix your glitters. I often save my 'party' mixes and use them. It's amazing what they look like when mixed! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete