Saturday, September 15, 2012

Art Glitter and Helmar Team Up!

I wasn't going to do any more snowflake projects (for a while), but then I got a jar of Art Glitter Faux Snow and couldn't wait to play with it.  I looked around my shop for something to cover in snow and this little paper mache snowflake said "PICK ME"....So I did.

This is a quick and easy ornament project.  It is very kid friendly.  These would be great as teacher gifts, or write a personal message on the back and use them as gift tags.

I started by painting the snowflake white with acrylic paint.  After that dried I sprayed the front side down with Helmar V2 Vellum Adhesive.  While the adhesive was still wet, I placed the snowflake on a clean sheet of paper and sprinkled on the Faux Snow.

I shook off the excess snow and put it back in the jar.  Then I sprinkled the ornament with Art Glitter Ultra Fine Glitter - Pearlescent - #183 Blue Angel.  The glitter filled in any spaces on the adhesive that the snow had not filled.

Then I used purple and blue printed card stock to stamp "Let it Snow" and used Helmar Quick-fix Adhesive runner to adhere it to a purple backing.  I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to attach the card stock to the snowflake.  This glue is thick and worked great to glue on the textured surface of the snowflake.  I finished with a swirl of rhinestones from Want2Scrap.  I used a little of the 450 Quick Dry on the areas of the rhinestone swirl that extended over the "snowy" surface.

The Art Glitter Design Team is teaming with Helmar Adhesives to bring you great new projects.  You can't help but have fun when you mix sticky stuff and glitter!  Come back soon for more glittering sticky fun.

Please visit my blog to see another Faux Snow project - http://kc-distractedbyshiny.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping!
KC





1 comment: