Monday, February 20, 2012

Heart Shaped Gift Box by Cassandra Midkiff


Every year after Valentine ’s Day I have left over empty heart boxes that were once filled with chocolate. I always feel guilty for throwing them away (and for eating all that chocolate!) so this year I’ve decided to dress them up and use them for jewelry and gift boxes.


This is a fairly easy project. First I traced the top and bottom of the heart box onto some left over scrapbook paper. After cutting the shapes out, I glued them into place.  Then I took some seam binding in a coordinating color and glued it around the edging covering what once was red. Once it was dry I added some velvet trim. Next I placed some of my Designer Dries Clear adhesive around the top edging of the heart sprinkling Ultrafine Opaque #148 Antique Gold onto it. After letting it dry I tied some more seam binding into a bow and glued it and a vintage millinery flower into place. I painted any red that was peeking out in white. Now I have a sweet little heart box that I’m thinking of saving for my Mother’s day gift boxes! It has been wonderful creating tutorials for Art Glitter again; it is such a fantastic product with endless uses. Please visit me at my store jupiterdesigns.etsy.com or on my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/jupiterdesigns/.

No comments:

Post a Comment