Saturday, December 24, 2011

Fantasy Butterfly Pendants by Emily M. Miller

Happy Holidays to all! I just wanted to share with you these pendants I made. It is a small variation of some 4" Fantasy Film butterflies I did a couple of years ago.


These guys are all about 1.5" wide. Above and below are pin versions.

When you make jewelry with Fantasy Film you have to keep in mind that it will be a very light piece. So I added some beads and findings to the bottoms. Actually, some of them are recycled earrings that I don't wear anymore. They worked perfect for this project.


Some have a little bit of Fantasy Fiber in between the Film, like the first one above, this necklace below is just Film. The Fiber gave the butterfly a great texture.


You can't tell by the photos, but I made these pretty thick, at least 5-6 layers of Film. And I ironed them a bit too long. The ink became embossed almost and the colors are just fantastic!


After stamping I mold them over a candle flame just a touch for a little bit of lift. Take a look at my poor old blog (I have neglected it!) for a tutorial on the 4" butterflies. BlogbyEmm.com That will give you a good idea of how I created these.


This one above has fiber in it, can you see the texture difference? I'm very happy with the way they turned out. I'm giving several out at Christmas.


I'm making a class out of this project too, planning on it in February. See more of our classes HERE.


Have a wonderful Holiday Weekend! More fun to come soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wish you lots of love, joy and happiness. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
    misirlou & maria

    ReplyDelete