Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fiber Skeletion Picture Frame by Diana Gonzalez

So, recently I finished up altering a wooden picture frame, with a lovely Halloween theme.


Nice, right? I don’t have any ONE picture big enough for this frame, but I do have a few small ones that will go inside.

I used a memory frame by Plaid Crafts. I used glitter and products by Art Institute Glitter.
Want to make one? It’s easy peasy.


First, you’ll need to paint it black, using Plaid Folk Art paint, in Ultra black.


Then, use their extreme glitter paint (also in black). This gives it a nice shine, and gives it a little more….spook, I guess.

After that, you’ll need your fantasy fiber in a nice foresty green. (English Ivy)

In between two pieces of parchment paper, spread out a thin layer of fantasy fiber, and iron it.
I had to do this a couple times, so that I had enough of it, to fit on the frame.

Then, using Art Institute Glitter’s Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, just dab on a little bit of glue, and adhere it to the frame.


For the next step, get yourself some yellow cardstock, embossing ink, and black embossing powder, and a skeleton rubber stamp. I used one by Deadbeat Designs.

You know the drill: ink up, stamp up, and emboss.

Then, get yourself some alphabet rubber stamps. Stamp the letters BOO with black ink, then go over it with Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, and Art Glitter's FABULOUS Dazzler’s Glitter line, in Hexis Gunmetal.

Cut out the skeletons, and the letters (once they are dry), and glue them on.

Voila!


And that’s that!


The flower was just laying around somewhere. It’s by Prima, if you want to know.

So, if you don’t have the Extreme glitter paint, you can make some yourself with some #79 Black Ultrafine glitter, by Art Institute, and mix it with Mod Podge.

Anyway, this year I’m going to really try for Halloween. I mean, I really want to go all out. Maybe it’s me being pregnant. We’ll see.  What else? It is a beautiful sunny day. Here I was, set for a week of full rain, and the sun comes out and betrays me. So I’m going out today, for a little bit. I mean, that’s what you do, when you have a kid. You know? Playgrounds, and glitter paint, and glue and things.

1 comment:

  1. Your frame looks terrific! Thanks for the tutorial!

    Hope your day is going great!
    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete