Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Repurposed Frame by Janelle Burba


It seems as though the older I get, the more I enjoy looking through finds at the Thrift Store. I suppose it is the nostaglia of thinking about where the piece has been and the story behind it. In case you haven't made a trip into a second-hand store lately, I highly recommend it. Recently while at the local thrift store I purchased some frames and here you will see how a simple black frame was transformed into a lovely gift for my daughter's prom date.


My motto of, "anything worth doing is worth over doing", really came into play with this simple frame. I started with the outside and worked in. I added black ultrafine glitter and then gold to highlight in all the right areas. The flowers were easily "blinged up" with the addition of Vintage Glass Glitter. I can not tell you how much I love the vintage glass...I add it to everything: cards, layouts, and I suppose now...frames.


This beautiful paper from Graphic 45 seemed to be perfect for this project since it has many illustrations of dancers. The name of the paper is Curtain Call so it seemed to fit. The bottom line is that you can pretty much add glitter to anything and it just makes it so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment