Saturday, June 4, 2011

Introducing Art Glitter's New Guest Designers

It's that time again. Time to say good bye to three very talented wonderful designers and hello to three new talented and wonderful designers!

I always think that our designers will be sick of glitter after three months, but our last group were glitter enthusiasts to the end. We may see more of Candy, Janelle and Clare in our glitter futures. I thank you for sharing your designs and wish you the best of luck. May all your dreams sparkle and shine.

Here's our next crew. Join me in welcoming these artists in their glitter endeavors to come, it's going to be a lot of fun!

Laura Drahozal
I am a former art teacher and current substitute teacher from Michgan, where I live with my fabulous husband Steve and spoiled Collie, Emma. I have a BFA from the University of Michigan and can find artistic inspiration in just about everything. I have participated in many forms of art, from stained glass to sculpture and metalwork to colored pencil drawing.

I discovered papercrafting in 2004, after my mother was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer. It was then that I realized how much of life we let fly by. Scrapbooking allowed me to capture thoughts in the same way that my other love, photography, allowed me to stop moments. Papercrafting causes me to draw from all my artistic interests, and challenges me to discover new ways to incorporate them.

I started my blog in March 2010, rememberinglifesmoments.blogspot.com. I am on the design team at Scraptales in Brighton, Michigan, where I also work part time and teach classes. I just love showing people new techniques and can now be found demonstrating on the Scraptales Youtube channel.

Recently, I have been honored to be on the Dreamweaver Stencils Design Team and published four times in The Stampers' Sampler and Scrap & Stamp Arts.

I am very excited to be an Art Glitter Guest Designer. I believe that there isn't alot that can't be improved by the magic of a little Art Glitter, and can often be seen covered in it myself!

Shannon Bielke
As a child, I wanted to be like my mom, an artist herself. In reality I became an artist because I've always felt the need to create, thus, art has always been a defining factor in my life.

In college I earned a BA in fine art, and now I teach art on all levels from elementary age through college. I design projects for and teach classes at Paper and Metal Scrappers in Payson, I'm a designer for CHA, and a contributing designer or design team member for a number of different companies.

I have a wonderful supportive family, my husband Scott, and four beautiful children, Allison, Matt, Jeff, and Hannah. Newly an empty-nestor, I'm finding more time to explore my creative urges which are continually changing, evolving and dragging me along for the ride!

My website is about my art and my latest projects, check it out: Shaandco.net.

Kaaren Poole
I live in the Northern California countryside on 10 wooded acres, otherwise known as Paradise. Here with me in Paradise are dog, cat, and duck family members and my sister who is also my best friend. It seems that I’m older than the other Art Glitter Designers and I just want everyone to know that you’re never too old for glitter! In fact, glitter, gleam, and sheen may get even better with age as the bonds of conventionality fall away one by one!

My first work life was in the computer industry, but now I’m able to indulge something I always enjoyed but didn’t follow as a career – art. I work in several different media both 2D and 3D and my favorite subject is animals. My current goal is to get juried into the Society of Animal Artists, and once I achieve that, I will be working towards signature status in that organization.

I sell my art on my website (wildharestudio.org) and eBay (seller id kaapoole), and write about it on my blog, wildharestudio.blogspot.com. Whenever I am fortunate enough to sell my art, I donate 100% of the proceeds to animal charities. Along with my family, animals, and friends, art brings joy to my life every day and glitter brings joy to my art!

I hope you enjoy my projects, and happy glittering!


Thank you glitter gals! And remember, to see all our designers projects listed in a nice orderly manner visit Art Glitter's Guest Designer page ~ Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome aboard! I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete