Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pretty to look at, hard to catch Scrap Page by Janelle K. Burba

I want to first begin by saying what an honor it is to actually be designing projects for one of my favorite places ~ The Art Glitter Institute. I love all things glitter so this is a great place for me to be.

I am a scrapbooker that loves all types of mixed media and texture. As you will see in the coming months, I enjoy adding bling to everything…especially in the form of glitter. Scrapbooking for me isn’t just a hobby, it is a way of life. Scrapbooking and memory keeping, in general, keeps the wonderful moments in life alive. I recently read that it relieves stress and strengthens bonds and I must say, “I concur”.

The following is the list of supplies I used for this page:
Medium sized butterfly stamp, Art Glitter
Ultrafine metal tip, Art Glitter
Designer dries clear adhesive, Art Glitter
Glitter from Art Glitter:
Large glass beads, Solar #803
Large glass beads, Fox Trot #809
Small glass beads, Sonata, #806
Ultrafine Pearlescent, Duck Tail #178
Ultrafine Opaque, Black #79
Ultrafine Opaque, Sedona Sun #54
Ultrafine Opaque, Copper Canyon #62
Love Shack Collection, funky, Bo Bunny
Blue and copper cardstock, Coordinations
Amber and clear flourish jewels, Zva Creations
3D Foam Squares, Scrapbook Adhesives
3 in 1Advanced Craft Glue, Beacon’s
Cricut Expression

My favorite inspiration is my daughter Natalie. This page was designed to bring out her beautiful blue eyes and autumn skin tones and hair. She is truly a free spirit, growing and spreading her “wings” in life in this her sixteenth year.

Trying to accentuate the positive of the paper and the product was a fairly simple task as I strived to create a beautifully understated page full of texture. I began by matting my 8x10 photograph three times alternating cardstock. I also matted the Funky paper on a solid in order to show contrast of color. I was inspired by a Tim Holtz mask to put my flourishes together to pull your eye to the edge of the page.


The butterfly stamp was a bit more complicated as I stamped the butterfly, cut out the subject and began the “glitterfest”.

There is definitely a method to the madness to make the most of your butterfly stamp. To begin, you should outline your butterfly with the clear glue and then add your black glitter. Next, use your clear glue on the inside of the wings, working outward with the glitter array of your choice. Then on to the accents, such as large glass beads. Be sure to let your different glitter colors and textures dry before moving on. Patience is a virtue for this task! I used the 3 in 1 glue and the foam squares to add my butterflies to the page. I wanted them to stand off the page so I folded the wings up a tad so as to look as though they were flying.


Last but not least, I used my Cricut Expression and cut out the words needed for my title. WALAH….a beautiful scrapbook page with a nice message she will always remember as her cocoon opens from teenager to woman.

I hope you enjoy the simplistic beauty of this page and try something similar for someone in your life. J

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous scrapbook page (of course, how can you go wrong with that beautiful face)! Love how she looks like she's looking at the butterflies. The amount of detail is just perfect, and the 3-d butterfly adds just the right amount of dimension. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete